Defense Media Activity
Fort George G. Meade, MD
Completion Date: Ongoing
Polysonics contributed to the design of the new Defense Media Activity (DMA) building to be constructed at Fort Meade Maryland. The DMA facility is designed to support consolidation of media and production functions for all major branches of the military. Each branch will be moving their current capabilities from various locations around the country into the new DMA facility which will serve as their main production center for many years to come. Polysonics provided acoustics, television studio lighting systems, audio, video, control, media wall, plus television and radio studio cable and infrastructure designs. Project highlights include four television studios, three radio studios, thirty-two editing suites, content management, network operations, and the Pentagon Channel.
Emphasis was placed on the specialized requirements for power, heat loads, acoustics, as well as the fiber, cable, and infrastructure needed to support all of the studios and production facilities throughout the building.
- Acoustical Designs for all Studios as well as the entire Building
- Television Studio Lighting Design
- Audio, Video & Control Systems Design
- Television, Radio and Post Production Studios Infrastructure Design
- Specialized Power and Heat Load Requirements for all Studios
- Construction Administration